Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Before Tour

Well we have been busy trying to get the house to a point where we can move in.  We actually took the plunge and moved in on Monday but have still yet to finish any of the interior projects we are working on.  However, most projects are 75% done.  I hope to be able to show you some progress in the near future.  Meanwhile, here is a tour of the house before we moved in.

Here are some shots of the kitchen.  Just to give you an idea of what we are doing....the counters and sink have already been replaced.  We have tile samples on order for the back splash and we are having the entire kitchen lighting changed to get rid of that florescent and replace with recessed lighting and 2 pendant lights over the island (which is now one level).






Here is a shot of the living room that is open to the kitchen.  And that wall to the left is where our new door way to the office now stands.



Down this hall which is off the kitchen is the front door and the stairs on the left.  On the right is a half bath.  And on the very end on the right was the only doorway to the office (not anymore, however).





And right about now is when I was wishing I had grabbed my other camera lens....I had a hard time capturing the whole room.  This is the office that I mentioned near the front door.  That wall in the first picture is the wall that is now open to the living room.  The third picture down shows the french doors that lead to the front patio from the office.






Here is the dining room which is opposite the office.  Gotta love the gold chandelier and dark village wallpaper.  This wallpaper has been removed but was thus far the worst renovation we have done.  I despise wallpaper at this moment.  If anyone has any awesome removal techniques PLEASE let me know...we still have a master bath and guest bath to work on!





Here is a shot of the stairs...

And at the top of the stairs is what will become my sewing/ craft room.  It is a room that is actually off the master bath.



If you make a left at the top of the stairs you will find the master bedroom.  The lens I had on me cannot capture the bedrooms very well.  I will have to update later.


Here is the view looking back towards the stairs into the foyer.


Master bathroom picture below.  We have no shortage of mirrors.







  And this is the last picture I have of the inside of the house.  This is a shot down the hallway to the other bedrooms.  There are 3 other bedrooms plus a laundry room and jack-n-jill bathroom.

 I can't wait to share the updates for our backyard we have already made.  Mark took a week off work and dedicated his time to cleaning up the randomness the previous owners had going on.  Mark's priorities have always been the yard.













And here are my cuties enjoying our deck after a long day.  Can you believe Eli will turn 2 on Tuesday???  How did that happen???




1 comment:

  1. Crystal, you and Mark have such a wonderful life ahead of you. I love your new house and your ideas sound fantastic. I can't wait to see some "after" pictures. Your mom would be so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete