Monday, June 20, 2011

Splish Splash Eli is taking a bath!

Last Thursday Eli's umbilical cord stump finally bit the dust.  Mark especially has been anxiously waiting for its departure since he finds it completely repulsive.  Cleaning the stump has been exclusively my duty...good thing because Mark would never have been able to handle the small amount of blood that occurred when it finally did fall off in his diaper on Thursday.  No big deal just a small amount of blood and he was left with a very nice innie belly button.

Since his stump fell off that was also a signal that we were able to give Eli his first real bath at home.  As soon as Mark walked in the door that evening I had the tub setup on the kitchen counter.  I had full intentions of grabbing some photos of Eli's first bath but his first bath was not as easy going as I assumed it would be.  In fact Eli hated his first bath.  It was the first time Mark or I had ever heard Eli give out a REAL cry, you know the kind where the scream is so long and his face gets so read you have to tell him to breath.  He was royally pissed off and we rushed the bath as much as possible to hurry up and get him out and prevent the blood curdling screams.  As soon as he was swaddled in a towel he was fine.  We waited until Sunday to give him his 2nd bath which became necessary after several spit ups and an incident where a diaper change ended with a shower in his own pee....boys are so much fun!  ha  To our surprise this bath went over much better....not a single cry!  Since he enjoyed his bath so much we were able to snap photos of his first "good" bath.

"What's up Mom?"

Nice shot of his belly button

We also went to our 2 week pediatric appointment today.  Eli has gained almost a pound since his last appointment and is weighing in at 7 lb 5 oz.  He has also grown a 1/2 inch in the last 2 weeks.  He is growing like a weed...I have a feeling I will be trying to sit on him pretty soon to try and prevent him from growing up.

1 comment:

  1. Great Grandma AnneJune 21, 2011 at 6:58 PM

    He is just so precious. I know you are both very proud of him. My goodness, how he is growing! and you are right,raising little boys is a never ending surprise. I am sure you have already found out that there is sometning about taking off a little boy's diaper that encourages him to turn into a peeing fountain. Sometimes right in your face! Since I had four baby boys, I had my face showered many times.

    ReplyDelete