Thursday, July 7, 2011

The First Month

Sorry I have not updated the blog in over a week...this past week has been a week of firsts for the Harper clan. 

A lot has happened since the last blog.  My grandma and grandpa Condra (Eli's great grandparents) came down to Warner Robins, GA to pay a visit.  They stayed for a day and I enjoyed being able to make a trip to the grocery store without baby.  I kicked myself as soon as they left though because I failed to pick up my camera to snap a few pictures of the first meeting.  So we will just have to wait for the next visit...which may be very soon if everything works out.

We took our first road trip with baby and dog up to Suwanee, GA to visit the parentals for the 4th of July.  We had to rearrange our seating with the baby and Toby got shifted to the front seat of the truck.  He was very excited about this but still managed to give me puppy dog eyes as if saying he felt sorry for ME!  lol
 
 What is usually a 2 hour drive ended up over 3 hours with holiday traffic and a very unexpected rain storm.  When I say unexpected I mean the sky was blue and sunny when we left Warner Robins and all of our luggage and Eli's bassinet was in the back of the truck without any cover.  An hour later sitting in dead stopped traffic on I-75, the "unexpected" rainstorm proceeded to drench our luggage.  Oh...and did I mention that at the same time Eli woke up from his nap and decided that he had to eat and he wasn't going to have any patience??  So we had one small melt down...we survived though and our stuff eventually dried out.  

Mark's grandparents (Grandy and Pops) got to meet Eli for the first time as well as Eli's aunt Amanda!

Eli was shocked Pop's knew just how to hold him!  ha
 
Eli and his Great Grandy
Mark headed home a day early because he had to go back to work while Eli and I hung out in Suwanee and enjoyed time with my parents and family friends, the Towlers.  It was the first time Eli and I have spent the night away from daddy...we both missed his help at night.

While up in Suwanee we took a hike up to Amacolala falls and although Eli slept through it he got to go to his first waterfall.


Overall it was a great visit.  Lots of lounging and chatting and eating!

Lounging with Gpa!

Eli will lay outside for hours being perfectly content!
Toby found a new use for the Boppy pillow...
 Mom and me headed back to Warner Robins today and she will be staying with us for the rest of the week.  Chase (my brother) is in Missouri visiting grandparents so the house is pretty quiet.  Mom decided to hang out with us since our house is anything but quiet!  lol

Well that is everything in a nutshell...I will try my best to keep the blog updated a little more frequent.  Hope everyone else had a great 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment