Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Our Trip to the "Show Me" State

My brother, Chase, has been visiting my grandparents who live in Kansas City, MO since the beginning of July and my parents planned on taking a 2 week vacation themselves to pick him up at the end of July.  It has been a couple years since they have been able to make it down to visit family and friends (both my parents are from the Kansas City area).  Mark and I have not been able to get enough vacation to make a trip to Missouri in over 5 years so we took advantage of the fact I am out on maternity leave anyway and came to Missouri.  Since Mark only has 5 days of vacation he can burn right now he flew out to Missouri and will be flying back this Sunday.  Eli and I, on the other hand, are traveling with my parents and got the opportunity to ride the 12 hours in the mini van and ride the 12 hours back on July 30th.  The trip down actually was not as bad as I anticipated.  The trip with just Eli and myself up to Atlanta, on the other hand, left little to be desired.  I had to turn the volume as loud as it would go to drown out the screams behind me.  Luckily it was only a 2 hour drive!

We arrived in Missouri at 11:30pm central time on Friday and woke up Saturday to prepare for the meet and greet for my mom and Eli.  Over 60 people from the surrounding Kansas City area showed up to see my mom and Eli.  It was a wonderful turnout and we were so happy to get to see so many friends and family we have not been able to see in a long time.  Here are a few pictures from the event.







Since the meet and greet we have traveled down to my grandparents condo on Lake of the Ozarks.  Stay tuned...Eli's first swim pictures will be posted later!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like yall are having a great time! I want to get together when you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were in KC and didn't tell me?! You know thats a small road trip away for me and I would love to see the lil one! Seeing you would be a plus too :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete