Monday, August 1, 2011

We're BAAACCCKKKKK!!!

So our whirlwind of the mid-west (ok, so only Missouri and Iowa) has come to an end.  Eli and I packed up our things 17 days ago and finally made it back to good old Warner Robins, GA late last night.  Thank God, Chase came back with us to spend a couple days at our house and was able to pacify Eli on the way back home.  Since Eli is only a mere 8 weeks old, that makes a quarter of his life spent in Missouri.  ha!  It was such a great trip and although I missed home and missed my hubby that last week...I would not trade the trip and the good time we had with friends and family for the world. 

Eli has officially met ALL of his Great and Great Great Grandparents.  Yep, that's right I said Great Great.  We got got the opportunity to take a drive to Iowa and visit my Great Grandmother with my dad and my grandmother.  There were 5 generations in one room.

Unfortunately Eli was not in the mood to have his picture taken!

Doesn't Eli look thrilled!!


Eli finally settled down and he got hugs and kisses from his Great Great Grandma!

During our visit in Missouri my cousin gave birth to her 3rd baby, Noah.  Noah is only 6 weeks apart from Eli.  We were so lucky to have been able to meet him while we were in town.  Noah was 3 oz heavier than Eli when he was born and an inch and 3/4 shorter.  This side by side comparison of the two really show how much Eli has grown in the first 6 weeks!


We spent a majority of our time in Missouri at my Grandma and Grandpa Condra's condo on the lake of the Ozarks.  I was able to get out and about on the jet skies and boat while my Grandma Condra became Eli's first babysitter.  I would pump a bottle's worth of milk and be able to enjoy a couple of hours without having to worry about being back in time for Eli to eat.  Grandma says she could see Eli growing before her eyes...and based on how his clothes were fitting when we left and when we came back I am pretty sure she is right.  When we left 17 days ago, Eli was just becoming aware of his surroundings but wasn't smiling yet.  I don't count the gas smiles we would notice every once in awhile.  ;-)   Towards the end of the trip Eli was beginning to interact with us and smiling away!!  His Great Grandpa had a hold of him the day before we left and I was able to capture the smirks he was giving us. 


On a separate note....crisis averted on the cat pee situation.  Stacey had taken my comforter to the laundry mat and dumped a box of baking soda in the wash with it and it came out smelling fine.  The mattress was saved using a true "miracle" product!  So for those of you who ever find themselves in a similar situation...try this!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! how old is eli's great great grandmother?? what priceless pictures! btw your bro is so so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren- My Great Grandmother is 91 years old! We are very lucky to still have her around.

    ReplyDelete